Friday, September 17, 2010

Undressing Halo Reach (Part 2)

Thanks for the shout-outs on Twitter! Feel free to hit me up at @QwerkySIntax, and follow me. It's the only time you'll be able to without a restraining order.


____


The packaging resembles one from ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence - the spies of 2552). Symbols sprinkled around the box suggest that its contents are classified. Once its opened, a smaller box is revealed, with this note on top:






It's awesome that even the packaging is part of the fiction of Reach. Opening the second, smaller package unveils the standard game in its box,


and underneath is a note



Beneath that is an ever more secret parcel.




It is Dr. Halsey's journal. Written by Eric Nylund, author of the first Halo novel, The Fall of Reach, which is Master Chief's story during the same time period as the game. Halsey is the individual who created the Spartan program and….well, this is a lot of Halo information that I'm sure you could check out for yourself…I just know way too much.

The journal is amasingly detailed and a gorgeous work. It reminds me a little of 42 Entertainment's Cathy's Book and its sequels.




When I finish reading that, I'll post an entry here for fans of Halo fiction, so most of you can skip that.


In Part 3, we get down to it and make sweet love. Sorry it's taken this long, but you know, life gets in the way.


Yodel!


2 comments:

  1. if I want a book like this how will I get one please help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I want to get a book like this how can I get one just the book?

    ReplyDelete